The inspiring words of Henri J. M. Nouwen guide the faithful on a spiritual journey through the Advent and Christmas season in this book of waiting, hope, anticipation, and celebration. Each day of the Advent season (28 in all, to accommodate the varying number of days in the season) and each day of Christmas (12 in all, ending with Jesus’ baptism in the Jordan by John the Baptist) contain a pertinent excerpt from the writings of Father Nouwen, a related quotation from Scripture, a prayer for the day, and a suggested activity that offers a concrete response to mark the season.
Advent and Christmas Wisdom is an easy-to-use, daily program to celebrate the momentous arrival of the Christ Child and the joyous news of our salvation. It is also an ideal book for the individual seeking active participation in the season and a renewal of faith for the start of the liturgical year.
There are seven additional titles in the Advent and Christmas series that each are rooted in another “great” in the Faith. Additional titles include:
- Advent and Christmas Wisdom from Padre Pio
- Advent and Christmas Wisdom from St. Francis of Assisi
- Advent and Christmas with the Saints
- Advent and Christmas Wisdom from Pope John Paul II
- Advent and Christmas with Thomas Merton
- Advent and Christmas Wisdom from G.K. Chesterton
- Advent and Christmas Wisdom from Saint Thomas Aquinas